Elite Dangerous contains extremely high-quality audio. If your audio sample rate is set too low it can often cause odd sounds to occur, and disrupt your experience in the game.
For best audio quality, the recommended Windows audio sample rate is 48000hz or higher. Using an audio sample rate of 44100hz or lower can result in noticeably degraded audio quality and is not advised.
To improve your audio and resolve audio-based issues, please follow the steps below.
- Go to the start menu and type Settings.
- From Settings, search for Sound then open Device Properties on the relevant speakers.
- From here, please select Additional Device Properties
- Click Properties then go to the Advanced tab
- Under Default Format select an option that is 48000hz or higher. We recommend 16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD quality)
- Click Apply
If problems persist, please send our support team a ticket via the button below.