Clearing the Cache on your console can help with any connection or game launching issues that you might be experiencing and is a good first step towards resolving problems.
Please select your console below:
Playstation®4 and Playstation®5.
There isn't a menu option for clearing the cache on PS4™. However, there is a way to force the cache to clear, you can do so by following the steps below.
- Turn off your Playstation®, do not enter rest mode.
- Once the indicator light on the Playstation® has stopped blinking and is completely off, unplug the power cord from the console.
- Wait 30-60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the Playstation® and start it up again as normal.
Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
- Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache.
- Plug in the power brick.
- Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
- Turn the Xbox back on as you would normally.
Alternative method for Xbox Series X.Alternatively, you can attempt to clear your cache through your Xbox menu. Just follow the below steps:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Go to the right side of the menu to your profile and select "Settings"
- select “Devices and Connections”.
- Select “Blu-Ray” in your menu.
- Now select the “Persistent Storage” option in the menu.
- Finally click “Clear Persistent Storage".