A Player Minor Faction is a way for established Player Groups to represent themselves in-game, pushing their group agenda throughout the galaxy. We have now improved our method for getting these factions implemented into the game, making the process much faster and more intuitive.
What does a minor faction grant myself and our group in Elite Dangerous?
- You will have to manage your minor faction's economy, influence and so forth within the system; other Commanders will be able to work with or against your minor faction and therefore, your minor faction will be subject to the actions and functions of the Background Simulation (BGS).
- Minor factions will be added with preset values, you will be required to build up your minor faction. We will not jumpstart your minor faction.
What are the minor faction limitations and policies?
- The system you choose for your minor faction must have a population of at least ONE.
- Your minor faction’s name must be loosely related to Elite Dangerous, the lore of Elite or science-fiction.
- Player groups can only have one associated minor faction.
- Factions cannot be located in systems deemed to have significant lore importance.
- A description of your minor faction is required.
- Do not exceed 640 characters, this includes spaces and punctuation.
- Do not use symbols. Only a-z and 0-9 text, and general punctuation.
- The description must be in English.
- No URLs / links.
- The requested system must also contain a starport.
- You must have completed the initial group registration process.
- We will not accept any edit requests after your submission to the form below.
- Absolutely no recruitment messages or website links.
Can I request updates to my submission once approved and added to Elite?
Can I request to have my minor faction in a particular station?
Can I request to have something special in my station?
Can I request special content in my minor faction's system?
How do I submit a Player Minor Faction?
When this step is complete, head to this page: https://www.elitedangerous.com/factions
You'll be asked to log in to your Frontier account, at which stage you'll be able to provide a number of details related to your Player Minor Faction. We have a huge amount of information available on each page of the submission process to help guide you through, but there are a couple of specific bits of information we should mention:
- Any Player Minor Faction submitted by a player who does not belong to a registered Player Group will be denied.
- Only one submission per Frontier account can be made.
- If your Player Minor Faction is accepted, it will show up in the game within a few hours. However, please allow up to 72 hours for your application to be reviewed.
- Any acceptance or denial of an application will be accompanied by email notification and reasoning for cases of denial.
- Accounts with a denied application can resubmit immediately, with adjustments made to resolve the reason for denial.
If you have any questions regarding Player Minor Factions, please send us a ticket via the button below.