We recently confirmed in a forum post that we are working on a system which will allow players to copy their CMDR profiles from console to PC in light of Odyssey’s cancellation on Xbox and PlayStation.
This process will be time limited and optional. We will provide a date for this process once it is confirmed.
The original profile will remain playable on console and the new PC profile will be a copy. Only one profile may be copied over per copy of the game. Please also be aware that this will be a one-time only process.
Precise dates for the opening and close of this process, along with instructions on how to complete the process will be announced closer to the time.
Below is some information on the process that has been updated - since our original post - for greater depth.
When will the transfer process be available for use?
Which elements of my console profile will be copied to PC?
- Your Commander name IF that name is not already in use on another PC account. If it is already taken, you will be given the chance to choose a new name as part of the process.
- Ships (and all engineered modules on them), Holo-Me, weapons, SRVs and SLFs
- Including Cobra Mk IV if owned
- All modules in storage; including all engineered, Community Goal, and Powerplay modules.
- Core progression (this includes…)
- Navy Ranks.
- The Codex, with all discoveries and information gathered.
- Engineering progress.
- Tech Broker progress.
- Powerplay. You will remain pledged to the same power, at the same level with the same access to Powerplay rewards.
- NPC Crew names, appearance, and progress.
- In-game customisations, such as Paint Jobs; Bobbleheads; Ship Kits and all other items purchasable with Arx.
- Any applied Livery/Customisations will remain applied, so your PC CMDR and their ships will appear exactly as they were on Console before the copy.
Which elements of my console profile will not be copied to PC?
- Your Commander name if it is already in use by another PC player. You will be given the chance to choose a new name as part of the process.
- ARX Balance. Please ensure that you purchase desired customisations before you complete the transfer. Any unspent Arx will remain on your original console profile.
- Squadron membership.
- Friends lists, Block lists and Private Groups.
- Current mission progress.
- Fleet Carriers and their contents. Please see the fleet carrier section below for further advice.
What are my options for my Fleet carrier and its contents?
Once begun, how long will the copying process take to complete and will my console account be playable whilst this happens?
Understandably, our community has had a lot of questions that have been asked on our original forum post. There were also some areas of confusion as to how the process would work.
Below is a summary of the most frequently asked questions, and answers that hopefully clear up any confusion on how we will be completing the copying of Commanders from Console to PC.
Will I be able to use the process to copy a Commander from one console to another, or from PC to console?
I already have a PC account. Do I need a new one?
Will my console Commander's progress merge with my existing Commander on PC?
What will happen to Livery/Customisation items unlocked or purchased on my existing PC account? Will I be able to access these on my transferred CMDR?
How do I get my free copy of Elite Dangerous: Horizons?
On which PC platform will my copy of Horizons be available?
If I have previously purchased Elite Dangerous: Odyssey on PC. Will I need to do so again to play it with my console save?
I have an old PC account with a Lifetime Expansion Pass. Can I copy my Console CMDR to this account?
I previously had a CMDR wealth transfer from PC to console and was told it was a ‘one time only’ thing. Can I now transfer back to PC?
I am playing Elite Dangerous on Xbox Gamepass. Will I be able to copy my CMDR to PC and play there?
I already have a PC Commander and would like to keep their name after I transfer my console Commander to this account. How can I do this?
The Commander on the existing account that I will be using has the same name as my console Commander. Will this be a problem, as I'd like to keep that name?
Will my Community Goal progress copy to PC with my Commander?
Will I be able to own a Fleet Carrier on both accounts after the transfer is complete?
'CMDR Wealth' and In-Game Extra transfer questions.
Below are questions that relate to Elite players that have had used the previous system of transferring wealth and want to know more.
I purchased Odyssey on PC because I did not want to wait for it to come to console and don't want to lose my progress. Can I still have a wealth transfer and just copy over previously purchased Livery and Customisations from my console account?
I transferred from console to PC some time ago. My commander was deleted and I did not get to move my customisation items to PC. Can my old Commander be restored and can I copy them and their customisations to PC?
Hopefully the above will answer any questions that you currently have. We will update the page as we get any further information that we can relay to you.