We are happy to announce that our migration portal is live! You can now copy your CMDR from a console account to PC!
If you choose to do this, the original CMDR will remain playable on console and the new PC CMDR will be a copy. Only one profile may be copied over per copy of the game.
Please also be aware that this will be a one-time only process.
Instructions on how to complete this process can be found here: Commander console - PC migration: a how-to guide.
The information below describes - in greater detail – what the process will involve. You will also find answers to questions asked by the community, and information on how to request the transfer of CMDR wealth and/or in-game customisations from console to PC (without copying the CMDR profile).
Your commander, current and stored ships and stored modules will be moved to a safe location.
- This safe location will be either the commander’s starting location OR Jaques Station in Colonia, based on the shortest distance between each item and these locations. For example: If the commander is closest to Colonia but has modules stored closer to their starting location, the commander will be moved to Colonia and the modules moved to their starting location.
- Deployed fighters and SRVs will be recovered to their mothership.
When will the transfer process be available for use?
Which elements of my console profile will be copied to PC?
- Commander name if that name is not already in use on another PC account. If it is already taken, you will choose a new name during the application process.
- Ships, all modules (engineered & non-engineered), Holo-Me, weapons, SRVs and SLF. Including Cobra Mk IV if owned.
- All Modules in storage; including all engineered, Community Goal, and Powerplay modules.
- Core progression, including:
- Superpower and engineer reputation
- Navy Ranks
- The Codex, with all discoveries and information gathered
- Engineering progress & materials
- Tech Broker progress
- In-game customisations, such as Paint Jobs; Bobbleheads; Ship Kits and all other items purchasable with ARX.
- Any applied Livery/customisations will remain applied, so your PC CMDR and their ships will appear exactly as they were on Console before the copy.
Which elements of my console profile will not be copied to PC?
- ARX Balance - Please ensure that you purchase desired customisations before you complete the transfer. Any unspent ARX will remain on your original console profile.
- Fleet Carriers and their contents - Fleet carriers should be fully decommissioned before you complete the transfer, as credits are included in the transfer.
- Squadron membership
- Friends lists, Block lists and Private Groups
- Multi-crew session reports
- Current mission progress
- NPC crew
- Powerplay power and minor faction reputations
- Power affiliation and vouchers
Once begun, how long will the copying process take to complete and will my console account be playable whilst this happens?
Below is a summary of the most frequently asked questions, and answers on how we will be completing the copying of Commanders from Console to PC.
Will I be able to use the process to copy a Commander from one console to another, or from PC to console?
I already have a PC account. Do I need a new one?
Will my console Commander's progress merge with my existing Commander on PC?
What will happen to Livery/Customisation items unlocked or purchased on my existing PC account? Will I be able to access these on my transferred CMDR?
How do I get my free copy of Elite Dangerous: Horizons?
On which PC platform will my copy of Horizons be available?
If I have previously purchased Elite Dangerous: Odyssey on PC. Will I need to do so again to play it with my console save?
I have an old PC account with a Lifetime Expansion Pass. Can I copy my Console CMDR to this account?
I previously had a CMDR wealth transfer from PC to console and was told it was a ‘one time only’ thing. Can I now transfer back to PC?
I am playing Elite Dangerous on Xbox Gamepass. Will I be able to copy my CMDR to PC and play there?
I already have a PC Commander and would like to keep their name after I transfer my console Commander to this account. How can I do this?
The Commander on the existing account that I will be using has the same name as my console Commander. Will this be a problem, as I'd like to keep that name?
Will my Community Goal progress copy to PC with my Commander?
Will I be able to own a Fleet Carrier on both accounts after the transfer is complete?
'CMDR Wealth' and In-Game Extra transfer questions.
Below are questions that relate to Elite players that have had used the previous system of transferring wealth and want to know more.
I purchased Odyssey on PC because I did not want to wait for it to come to console and don't want to lose my progress. Can I still have a wealth transfer and just copy over previously purchased Livery and Customisations from my console account?
I transferred from console to PC some time ago. My commander was deleted and I did not get to move my customisation items to PC. Can my old Commander be restored and can I copy them and their customisations to PC?
If you are having any issues with copying your CMDR from console to PC, please see our step-by-step guide by clicking this link. You will find a link to open a support ticket on that page, should you need further help.