In addition to being able to choose from a selection of pre-recorded Planet Coaster videos, you can also upload your own videos and images to be displayed on your Billboards. Here’s a handy quick-start guide on how to do just that:
- Place down your Billboard and select it
- From the drop-down menu, select Image or Movie
- All Billboards have an on and off state. You can select different images or videos for each state
- Under the User Videos tab Image is where your images will show up
- The following formats are accepted: .jpg, .bmp, .png, .tiff
- Under the User Videos tab Movie is where all your videos will show up. Videos must meet the following requirements:
- Videos must be in the WEBM format
- Videos encoded with VP8 or VP9 codecs (we recommend VP8 for efficiency reasons)
- Audio encoded with Vorbis or Opus codecs
- Aspect ratio 16:9 or 1:1
- Your images and movies should all be placed in your documents folder (much like custom music). It can be found here:
- C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Frontier Developments\Planet Coaster\UserMedia\
- You can even add images and movies to this folder while the game is running. Just click the ‘refresh custom textures folder’ to get the latest list.
- Billboards can be linked as triggerable, like other triggerable objects! Try out Billboards with your coasters, Tracked Rides, Flat Rides, or the Display Sequencer.
Please note: Videos will only play on Billboards when the game is running at normal speed.
If you're still running into problems, or have any further queries, please feel free to raise a support ticket with us: