DTS Headphone:X is not recommended for speaker systems or 7.1 headphones, as it is intended for stereo headphones only.
To enable this feature:
- Set Windows to Stereo in your Sound settings of your Control Panel
- Open the start menu
- Type “sound” and select the Sound setting that appears
- Find your active device
- Click Configure to open the device settings
- Ensure you have Stereo selected
- Start Elite Dangerous.
- Once you reach the main menu go to the Audio Options and Enable DTS Headphone:X.
- Enjoy Surround Sound audio on your regular headphones!