Rank-Up Missions, Engineer Invitations, and Permit missions are unique in Elite Dangerous. Whilst normally available the moment you are eligible, there are some prerequisites that must be met for these missions to be offered. Please look through the list below to ensure you're looking in the right locations and that you're fully eligible:
- Rank-Up missions will appear exclusively in the Follow On Missions section.
- Your current reputation with the superpower (Empire/Federation) that you wish to Rank with must be positive.
- These missions are only available at starports and outposts that are controlled by factions aligned with the relevant superpower.
- Your reputation with the faction that controls these stations must also be positive. If you're not liked by that faction then they won't fund your Rank-Up mission.
- Missions are normally more common in highly populated or high traffic systems. If you are having trouble finding these missions, try travelling to a more populated location.
- Rank-Up missions will always contain the words Navy or Naval:
- You must meet the normal requirements for the Engineer to invite you to meet them.
- You must complete any outstanding Rank-Up or Permit missions, even those you have been offered but not yet accepted.
- You must have met the normal requirements for this Permit.
- Your current reputation with the faction that offers this mission must be positive.
- You must obtain the mission from a station controlled by the faction that offers the Permit mission.
In some cases, you can be offered more than one of these mission types at a time but this is not always the case. If you find that, after meeting the above requirements, stations will still not offer you one of these mission types, please feel free to get in touch via the ticket system. Rank-Up Missions are unique to the rank you became eligible for so if you obtain two at the same time, you will not be able to increase your rank twice.
If you have any particular queries regarding these missions, please contact our Support Team via the button below.