This error has historically appears when there is something altering the files that are downloaded from our cloud servers. This can happen in many ways, including:
- Internet security packages with anti-banner tools altering files
- Firewalls altering files
- ISPs altering files
If you experience this issue, our first piece of advice is to ask you temporarily disable your Internet security package or add the Elite Dangerous Launcher as an exception.
We would then also advise you temporarily disable any firewalls you have running. There may be a firewall built into your router that may need temporarily disabling too.
This should help prevent 'Unable to verify' and Validation errors when downloading Elite Dangerous for most users.
In rare cases, some Internet Service Providers filter content that may lead to validation errors. To resolve this you would need to contact your ISP.
For those using ‘Anti Banner’ protection, then you may need to place an exclusion into your Anti Banner tool within the application.
- Open Kaspersky Internet Security – instructions will be similar for other tools.
- Click on settings (Bottom of the main menu)
- Click on the Protection Centre and you will get a menu list. Scroll down until you see Anti Banner and click on it.
- Once you see the next menu make sure that 'Use the list of allowed URLs' is checked on.
- Click 'Configure allowed URLs' You now want to add a URL. - Click on Add and where you see http:// write after it cdn.zaonce.net Now check 'Active' and then press add.
- The URL will be added to your trusted URLs and should no longer be blocked.
This should help prevent 'Unable to verify' and Validation errors when downloading Elite.
If you're still experiencing problems, please send us a ticket by clicking the button below and we'll be happy to help.